Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Mother

So my mother is a very sick person. She has been hospitals / mental hospitals since I was a young child. It was never something that I thought was out of the ordinary but in recent years, it has become apparent to me that she is sick. Her problems include fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and now, a swollen leg with wounds that won't heal. these problems mean that she is not able to do a lot of things on her own. This wouldn't be much of a problem if she still had a visiting nurse to help her but my little brother screwed that one up by coming over and stealing her pills in front of a nurse, causing the nurse to deem the place too dangerous to visit.

Currently, I am at her house trying to take care of her and help her leg get better so she doesn't lose it. This is only a problem for me because I go to college three hours and a boat ride away so I am missing class and going broke as a round trip visit costs me about $150 with gas and boat ticket.

I guess the reason that I am writing this is to get out some frustration that I've been feeling lately. Frustration from my mother feeling that once my girlfriend and I are here, that we are her slaves and we don't have the right to go out and visit our friends. Frustration from not being able to make her better. Frustration from knowing that I can't keep doing this or I will end up failing my classes and going broke.

Meh. Whatever. I just wanted to get something off my chest.

7 comments:

  1. Man, I'm sorry to hear about your mother and your situation. Maybe get through to your brother about being somewhat of a better person and find another nurse? sheese, sorry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about that, my dad had leukemia so I know about constant hospital stays and how much a person depends on another to take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry to hear about this man. Must be hard for you to write about it. I hope everything turns out well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah man, same here...

    Hope things get better

    ReplyDelete
  5. just hang in their mate. its tough i know,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar situation with my mother in the past. It isn't always fast, but things always get better.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete